Wednesday, October 03, 2007

It's fulling, not felting...




Yesterday Lisa and I spent the morning shopping. We were on a mission for 100% wool, dry clean only sweaters. We found several. We also went looking for cups for the candles. We found lots of those as well.

Then in the afternoon we went to my place and fulled the sweaters. This involved washing them (twice) and drying them. They shrunk and thickened up and are now ready to be made into hot-water bottle covers and maybe slippers.

This is all part of our prep for our upcoming craft fairs. Well only one is confirmed (November 3nd at Point Grey Secondary), but two others are pending. We are doing some of our usual products, but also some new ones.

I have more to blog about (wooden buttons, screenprinting) but will save it for when I have pictures and am not quite so tired.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Also, it should be pointed out that there is no shortage of really ugly acrylic sweaters in this town.

HomeMadeOriginals said...

I love making items from recycled sweaters. I noticed your were fulling your sweaters in your washer without putting them in a zippered bag or mesh bag. If you do may more you may want to do that as I've heard horror stories of ruined washers. Did you make something from your sweaters yet? My blog is http://homemadeoriginals.blogspot.com