Saturday, September 13, 2008

Art on Etsy

A lot of the stuff I find on Etsy that I love is jewelry (oh, such amazing jewelry!) - but there's plenty of other products to be crazy about - including art.   Original paintings, collages, and lots of fantastic photographic prints are available directly from the artists themselves.   I've hardly even scratched the surface and here are a few of the works that have caught my eye:




By a photographer originally from The Netherlands - this mezmerizing photo taken in Madrid.   I loved Madrid and I love architectural pictures with strong patterns and details and glimpses into the everyday lives of people far away so this picture really caught my eye.








This unique artist uses a combination of woodburning and painting to make haunting images.  I fell in love with the original piece shown at left and was sad to see it had sold - but photo prints of it are available (whew)!   This image captures so many moments I've spent by the water in Vancouver  - moments of quiet where the weather just blows around you.




This self-taught photographer creates amazing, fascinating scenes using miniatures.   I could stare at her pictures for hours - imaging the stories behind the scenes she's set up and beautifully photographed.   I had the hardest time picking out just one image to put here - I still have not decided which one is my favorite.   

This one looks like it has a great story behind it...





Sometimes you need some COLOUR.   This bit of art caught my eye one day - how could I miss it?   Something about it keeps drawing me back...     (I also love the combination of hand-drawn in ink and digitally coloured.)





3 comments:

melissa said...

What cool finds!
Off to look at more.

Melissa

Alicia said...

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.
You have really great taste in picks for Etsy. I'm going to bookmark your blog and I'll be back. Thanks again! Alicia
sunnydayhappyface.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Thanks guys!